Waday waday isso waday...



Hi Aqif, this is not the Galle Face variety. This is his north western cousin from Puttlam. If you look closer, you'll see One shrimp instead of the 3 rows of dried shrimp that you find in the GF variety. Now The Puttlam variety uses fresh shrimp, and thus one fat fellow in the middle does the job of the 3 in Colombo. Took this picture about 2 weeks ago on visit to the area.

And Anushka, thanks for dropping in. Please do come by often, I might even have a piece of nando's with the fiery sauce. I beleive you are a budding film maker. Which is fanatastic.

So, keep it locked to Pol Sambol, more treats ahead.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice picture bro, mouth watering ...... now my wife is pissed off that we are no longer in Sri Lanka! This is good stuff man ..... It would be cool if you get the recipe from one of these authentic wade makers? I would love to try it out some day (I know I am pushing it now with the requests).
mmmmm..... shrimp....

Stop making my mouth water!
superbear said…
ohhhh i miss these! Well at least the ones at GF because I haven't tried the Puttalam version yet. I remember eating several isso wadays in a row one evening when we had gone to GF. Sadly, nothing in Singapore that comes close to this treat!
Nefarious said…
oh!! wow. nice pic of it and man would I like some now.. damn

Popular Posts